Have an account?

Loeb easy cruises at ADAC Rallye Deuthchland

Bookmark and ShareCitroen driver Sebastien Loeb has sealed victory on ADAC Rally Deutschland, round nine of the 2010 World Rally Championship, and extended his lead in the FIA Drivers' standings completed a record breaking eighth consecutive victory on the rally.

Loeb, finished 51.3sec ahead of his team-mate Dani Sordo who was second in another C4 WRC. The podium was completed by Citroen's Junior team driver Sebastien Ogier 1min 22sec behind Sordo.

Latest victory was the 59th at World Championship level for Loeb and co-driver Daniel Elena that gives them a total of 191 points in the drivers' championship, 58 points more than his closest rival, Sebastien Ogier.
Loeb commented:
"It’s a very good victory for me, quite incredible and I’m really pleased to win. I have a good feeling here in Germany and I don’t like to be beaten on this rally even though I wasn’t sure before the start that I could win because Dani was strong and because this is not an easy rally. We have a bigger lead in the championship now and this is also good.”
Ford works team driver Jari-Matti Latvala finished 4rth while Citroen privateer Petter Solberg completed the top five places.

Although ex-F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen claimed his first stage victory at his WRC career, topping times at the final rally stage SS19 Circus Maximus Trier, he finished back in 7th position after losing the duel by Wilson with a 3.8seconds gap.
"I made too many mistakes and lost too much time this morning. Even though I don’t have the experience I expect more from myself so it is a shame that we lost sixth."

Raikkonen also denied to the French sports daily L'Equipe constant speculations that he would return in F1 in 2011.
"You never know but I will probably never return to Formula One. It's something I did for many years, I had many great moments. I won a world championship title, which is what I always wanted, but times have changed. Now I'm in rallying and there are many other things apart from Formula One in life."

Related Pistons