Have an account?

Ferrari boss still luring F1 career for Valentino Rossi


Bookmark and Share


Luca di Montezemolo, who has stepped down as chairman of the Italian carmaker Fiat, still hopes to lure Valentino Rossi to drive for Ferrari in Formula One, if F1 teams are allowed to line up 3 racing cars.



In a press announcement he quoted:
"We want a third car and I would do everything to have Valentino (Rossi). When he wins this year's MotoGP, enough is enough, he must also win in Formula One."

Rossi, whose contract with Yamaha is up at the end of the season, did two days of test driving for Ferrari in January but denied at the time he was looking to make a switch.
"When I could come to F1, I will be too old. "There are wonderful drivers there. I'm fine in my world, which is bikes. This is just a diversion, some fun, and I am grateful to everybody for the opportunity."

Yet, there are rumours that if FIA and its President Jean Todt who was Luca di Montezemolo's rival in Ferrari during 00s, deny an optional 3 car lineup to F1 teams, Felipe Massa might not renew his contract in favor of the Italian MotoGP driver.

Related Pistons