Have an account?

Vettel agrees to retain his RedBull wings up to 2014

Bookmark and Share RedBull Racing announced that 2010 F1 champion, Sebastian Vettel has agreed a new contract to drive for the team up to 2014.

Vettel's contract was due to expire at the end of this season, with an option only in place for the following year, but a Red Bull statement has confirmed that he will now stay with the team for another three years at least, without further mentioning his annual salary.


The news inevitably will end speculation linking Vettel with a move to Ferrari, apparently instead of Felipe Massa. Although Vettel had admitted that he would like to drive for Ferrari in the future, he had recently also said that he was in no rush to leave RedBull, the team that helped him win his first world title.
Sebastien Vettel commented at Marca.
"If you look at my passport, I think I've got more than a couple of years more to think about it.I'm very happy where I am, it's like a family. I have a special relationship with Red Bull and I'm proud of that."



Team's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko, who is actually the man who firstly eyed Vettel's talent and brought him in the team, confirmed the deal as well.
"It was in mutual agreement that we extended Sebastian's contract to 2014. Both sides wanted to continue the partnership, so it was no big issue."

Related Pistons